As an extension of the In the Words of Womyn workshop, this blog space was created in order to showcase the writings of womyn. I’m pretty passionate about fostering the opportunity to experience the powerful affirmation and validation that comes with sharing our writing out loud. I think ”out loud” can take on a variety of forms–in print, on a blog, or literally into a mic. So consider this blog a kind of virtual Open Mic; a place where womyn from communities all over the globe can step up and give volume to her voice and sound to her story.
So if you are a womyn writer–of prose, poetry, memoirs, articles, short stories, journals, etc–and you would like to be published on this blog, please follow these steps for submitting your work to this site.
How to submit a piece of writing to In the Words of Womyn:
- Send an email to: inthewordsofwomyn [at] gmail [dot] com; include your *original* piece either in the body of the email or as a Word.doc attachment
- If you include your work in the body of your email, please denote with something like <begin piece> and <end piece> so I know exactly what to post
- Please submit piece *exactly* as you would like it posted (punctuation, caps, spelling, format, spacing, etc) and I will do my best to post it as you have intended it to be–I will inform you when your piece has been posted so please respond with any changes or corrections you need made on your piece
- Please include information about how to credit your piece such as: first name only; first name and first initial of last name; initials only; anonymous; pen name; date of composition; etc.
- Please include any contact info you’d like me to post with your piece: website; email address; etc.
- I’d also like to put in the tags section the state or country you are currently writing from so please include that
To answer a few FAQs…
- As of this moment, there is no maximum length limitations…so write on!;
- There is no age limits/restrictions; womyn of all ages are encouraged to submit
- Writing submissions may be in any language and you’re welcome to provide a translation if you desire. Please write the content of your email in English though
- At this time, there is no limit on the number of pieces a writer may submit for publishing on In the Words of Womyn
- ITWOW does *not* censor pieces that are posted here in order to maintain the integrity of the vision to empower womyn’s authentic voices
I look forward to hearing from you!